DECENT Raises $2M in 7 hours! 50% Bonus until 11:00PM GMT

The Decent crowd sale started today at 1:00pm GMT, and already it has gathered ~3230 BTC. The crowdfunding period was supposed to start yesterday, on September 10, at 1:00pm but was delayed by the overwhelming wave of requests from the community and infrastructure issues in order to allow distribution to be fair, especially regarding the 50% bonus. The 50% bonus applies until 11:00pm GMT, September 11. Account balances will be adjusted manually later this week.

Decent is a decentralized content sharing platform that allows content creators to reach consumers directly without the need for a middleman. This platform runs on its own blockchain and on a modified version of the Bittorrent protocol. All operations within the Decent Platform will be paid for in DCT, the native value token of the Decent blockchain, which is what is currently being sold in their initial crowdfunding period. 70% of all tokens will be sold during the crowdfunding period, and allocated to bounty campaigns and strategic partnerships. While the remaining 30% of DCT total supply will be mined over the course of 20 years. This token will be used not only to pay for content directly to the creator but also to pay a publishing fee which is meant to prevent abuse or spam within the network.

Since trust and security have always been top priorities for the Decent Platform, the crowd sale funds will be held in a Coinbase 2-of-3 multi-signature vault. This means that 2 out of the 3 key holders have to authorize a withdrawal. These key holders will be Matej Michalko co-founder of Decent, Tibor Tarábek founder of Microsoft Slovakia, and Alexander Vasylchenko CTO of Grid Singularity, Ex-CTO of Mycelium. A detailed view of the allocation of the fund acquired during the crowd sale can be seen here, in an earlier blog post. These funds can not be withdrawn until the test-net is launched.

Investing in the Decent crowd sale is extremely easy and can be done so by following the tutorial published by the Decent team. Decent has also partnered with Changelly, an easy to use cryptocurrency exchange service that allows users to automatically trade between many altcoins, a feature that will no doubt help Decent with regards to mass adoption.

Decent is currently in the Pre-Alpha stage and is set to launch in the beginning of 2017. You can also check out the Roadmap, which details the plans regarding the development of the Decent Platform.

A preview of the reference client GUI was also published last week:

coremedia.info

To be updated on Decent developments, users can join the community on SlackTelegram, and follow Decent on social media. You can also subscribe to the Decent newsletter through the official website.